- Have all of the vegetables cut and ready to put into the pot.
- Put oil into a large pot and add onions. Saute until they start to brown.
- Add the carrots and seasonings, including Braggs, and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and stir well.
- Add the greens and cook for 15 minutes
- Taste and adjust the seasoning
- Add the kelp noodles for 5 minutes more, stir well.
Yesterday, we walked around Hawi, a small and charming town with some excellent restaurants, several galleries, and a bead store. I bought a small carved turtle for my April BJP goddess pin; look for the turtle slightly under her hula skirt. Finally finished it and here it is:
We're now on the southeastern part of the big island, down in Kehae, in the Puna district. We're in a 1-bedroom cottage, and our hosts, Mark and Richard are terrific! We spent last evening at the Kilauea Iki Crater in the Hawaiian Volcano National Park. We saw the most beautiful sunset of our trip, and it was even more special as it had been totally overcast and rainy for the whole afternoon until about a half hour before sunset. Thank you Mother Nature.