Friday, July 1, 2011

Bead Journal Project and Recipe

I finished my BJP Spirit Doll a week ago, but Google had made a transition and split my two accounts. I'm still not sure why. It took me a while, since I'm technologically impaired, to work out how to fix what needed to be fixed. Google IS NOT customer friendly, for those of you who don't know that by now. I have visions of moving but will not now; maybe eventually. This is an "Oh well!"

My June Spirit Doll, shown here, holds a lot of symbolism for me.

She is loaded with happiness. I had a clear CAT Scan and am very happy. Her peachy fabric says it all - life is peachy. I love roses and other flowers, so I picked a real rose under acrylic to use for her face. Making jewelry makes me happy, so I gave her a bracelet and necklace. I love suns and spirals. The large yellow flower was suppose to be the center of a sun with rays emanating from it, and it is but it's so much more, as I turned it into the center of a spiral as well. Her colors make me smile, as they are all about a sunny day and warmth; they even remind me of candy. I created a necklace years ago using these colors and called it "eye candy."

Here's a sweet happiness-making recipe for a delicious dessert I call:

Raw Nut and Fruit Cream
This is a recipe that I concocted one day for a potluck dinner. I wanted something creamy and fruity for dessert. You can use almost any mixture of fruit. I happened to have mangoes, blueberries and raspberries in my refrigerator. I'm making it for a party on July 3rd; however, I plan on using blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries as the party has a red, white, and blue motif. I'll be doubling it.

 Serves 6-8

1 1/2 cups of Brazil nuts
1/2 cup of water

3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 packets Stevia (equals 4 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon of Agave nectar
1 tablespoon of organic vanilla

1/4 teaspoon of Celtic salt
3 mangoes, peeled and chunked
2 cups blueberries, washed
½ pint raspberries, washed

  1. Put all ingredients together, except fruit, in a blender or food processor until very smooth and creamy. Since I used Brazil nuts, there will be tiny flakes of dark brown from their skins; it adds to the visual impact.
  2. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before adding the cut up fruit.
  3. Serve in a large bowl or individual containers. Can use a sprig of mint on top.
Enjoy!!! Happy 4th of July.


Robbie said...

She is wonderful!! And certainly makes you feel good..very nicely done!!

Mandy said...

Love the dollie!!! And the thanks for the recipe! Who can resist a dessert crammed with antioxidents AND selenium! Can't wait to try it!

Cyndi L said...

Congratulations on your good report!! I can see the joy radiating outward from your doll :-)

Trish said...

She is just bursting with good things, isn't she? I really like the whole idea - and celebrate with you your clean scan. Touches me as I am a cancer survivor also, and have also learned to celebrate even the smallest joys!
Looking forward to seeing more!

The Blissful Banter of a Creative Crafter said...

Hi Susan, wonderful spirit doll and I love the way the texture of the fabric moves with the design. Congratulations on your clear CAT scan!